Tuesday 11 January 2011

Hit me baby one more time!

Tonight is going to be a short post because day 11 of Janathon is actually the 13th day of exercise for me and I am exhausted! I opted for trying something new tonight and went along to a Boxercise class at the gym. My hands are still shaking and I can barely type.
I knew the class was going to be hardcore and I felt sick with nerves beforehand but I was keen to do something new to mix my training up. I had a bit of a killer day at work with back to back meetings all day and would have been quite happy to collapse on the sofa when I got in from work. I didn’t get a chance to eat lunch because I’d been too busy and I stupidly hadn’t eaten breakfast either so I was starving. I came home to change into my gym gear but before I shot straight back out I shovelled down a piece of toast, a go ahead snack bar and a couple of energy jelly beans designed to be used as food on long runs. I was in need of some energy to get me through.
The boxercise class lasted an hour and I was already sweating and knackered 10 minutes into the session. Halfway through I was regretting the energy snacks and was convinced I was going to be seeing them again but I managed to keep them down and make it to the end of the class with a smile on my face even though there were a few grimaces throughout. I even managed a bit of hoola action in the lounge when I got home as I enjoyed it so much last night.
I’m used to working out alone and I really enjoyed being in a group in the boxercise class. Although it was tough I think I’m going to make it a regular part of my fitness routine. I am aching in places that I didn’t know existed right now and I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to have some difficulty with everyday tasks tomorrow. If you see a blonde girl on the Hammersmith and City or Circle line in the morning massively struggling to pick up her handbag because her arms are no longer working, it’s probably me so please offer to help me out.  I really have to go now as my eyes are closing as I am typing. See you in the same place again tomorrow to talk about Janathon day 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment