Thursday 6 January 2011

The niggle that is continuing to niggle

I was planning a run this morning but upon jumping out of bed it was apparent that the niggle in my right calf that was bothering me last night was still bothering me today. Although I am going to stick to the Janathon rules by doing some form of exercise every day, it would just have been plain stupid to go running. I don’t want to even slightly jeopardise my chances of taking part in the Semi de Paris.  
Me and my Kindle trotted off to work and after a productive day I headed off to the gym. I wasn’t risking anymore emails or notes from Betty and Guy. No sweaty gym for me today but straight into the pool. I did 60 lengths which was a little more impressive then yesterday’s 400metres. I swam 1200 metres in total and I actually really enjoyed it. I then went into the sauna. After a good stretch I did 80 sits ups and a few other Pilates style core strength exercises. I will be back to the running, leg permitting, tomorrow.  
When I started my blog on 31st December I wasn’t even aware of Janathon.  My random blog seems to have turned into an exercise log, so over the weekend, when I hopefully have a little more time on my hands, I am going to write about some different subjects. After all, there are only so many ways you can say ‘I ran 5km today’. You can jazz it up with a few things along the way but this wasn’t what I started the blog for, although it seems to be acting as a great motivational tool.
I have a busy weekend planned with a bit of running in between. Auntie Karleen has volunteered to turn her home into a kindergarten crossed with an art studio. I love any opportunity to do a bit of art and crafty activity and I love my nieces even more so I am going to combine the two. I have invited the two princesses over to make some masterpieces.  I may even chuck in a little trip to the pond to feed the birds too.
 I’m pretty sure there will be some comedy value to be found amongst the chitter chatter. They are 2 and 4 going on 74, like a pair of little old ladies nattering away. For those of you that follow me on Twitter, you may have seen that I had a few seconds of fame on New Year’s Day. I was on the show ‘Magicians’ as a super excited audience member. I was actually accosted on my lunch break when the production runner offered to pay for lunch if we came to watch a magic trick. After an hour of freezing in the park I regretted saying yes. Anyway, I digress.
In short, I was in the background while a dude did a magic trick in a park. Both nieces were super excited to see me on the TV but the four year old did have a bone to pick with me when we had a chat on the phone a couple of days ago. “Auntie Karleen, I saw you on the telly but you forgot to wave to us or say hello. Next time we’ll have to shout to you so that you remember.” Well, that told me!
Sunday will be the dreaded second long run but I am actually quite looking forward to the challenge this week. I will follow this with a sumptuous Sunday roast as a good friend of mine is going to come over for a dinner that I been promising her for a very long time. I may even indulge in a little baking and if you are very lucky I will even share my recipes with you. The other thing I have on this weekend is Parkrun. I don’t want to jinx it but I really want to try and improve my time by at least one minute thirty seconds. I have said it now so there is no going back and with Janathon in mind I will of course keep you updated with all of my physical activity, well almost all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment