Saturday 5 March 2011

The last breakfast

Today is Saturday 6th March, the day of the Paris half marathon 2011 and I am just about to go down and grab mon petit dejeuner. My medical certificate had the stamp of approval yesterday and I’ve collected my bib number and chip for my shoe. There is no going back now. Today is the day that I get to prove myself after all the hard work and training that I have put in.
Me with the stamp of approval

I will be honest, it hasn’t been easy. I started a new job in December just as my training programme needed to kick off so I have been pretty busy. My friends and family are really important to me and I haven’t been able to spend quite as much time with them as I usually do as there just aren’t enough hours in the day but it has definitely all been worth it and I’m sure the feeling I get when I cross the finish line is going to be the ultimate feel-good buzz.
I have tried to remain committed throughout training apart from a couple of blips caused by illness or injury.I know that I’m capable of running the distance as I have completed it in training but I am crossing my fingers, toes and anything else that is crossable, that tomorrow will be a good running day. For those of you out there that run, you will know what I mean. Some days you run and you feel good. In fact, you feel better than you thought you would so you keep on running and on those days you feel fantastic. On other days you try your absolute best and for reasons that I don’t understand your body struggles and the whole run feels difficult, right the way through from start to finish. Please, please let Sunday 6th March be a good running day. Knowing that I will be there with the rest of the #TeamBangsontheRun girls is a great feeling and I’m really proud to be a part of it.
I can’t say a big enough thank you for all of the support I have received along the way. It’s the understanding tweets from the TeamBangs ladies that have pushed me on through or the well done tweets that add to the proud glow when I’ve managed to run a little bit further than I’ve run before. I have also received some amazing messages from other people in the twitter community and on Facebook which have really helped to motivate me when it’s been cold and wet and all I’ve wanted to do is hibernate. Knowing that what I have been working towards has motivated other people to start taking part in exercise has really helped to push me too.
Thank you to all of those that have supported us along the way, whether it be donating money, clothing (Thank you Nike), sports bras (Thank you Shock Absorber)or even your words. I just hope that I can make you all proud and most of all make myself proud.

If you haven’t managed to donate yet then there is still time www.justgiving.com/teambangsontherun. I’ll catch you later when this run is done! *Takes a deep breath and sips more water*

No comments:

Post a Comment